Whether you have lunch boxes to fill or friends dropping by, it’s always a good idea to have a couple of quick, easy and delicious recipes up your sleeve – and this Malteaser slice is a great one to add to your repertoire!
This fudgey, crispy slice is a real treat and perfect for chocoholics. Imagine a milk chocolate and crushed biscuit slice with Malteasers mixed through and drizzled with white, milk and dark chocolate. Delicious, right?
There’s a lot of wonderful texture in this simple slice – the Malteasers and biscuit crumbs ensures there’s a slight crunch in every bite, while the chocolate makes the slice absolutely melt-in-your mouth.
As a quick, bake-less treat this slice is the perfect treat to make on a baking afternoon with the kids – they’ll love getting creative and taking charge of drizzling the melted chocolates on top! If you have kids helping out or just want to save on clean-up, pop the melted chocolate in a zip-lock bag and snip the corner, then simply squeeze the chocolate over the slice – no mess and much less hassle!
The finished slice is as good to look at as it is to eat, so be sure to make a fuss of it and make it the focal point of the table – my favourite way to serve it is by popping it on a cake stand. Just imagine how beautiful it would look piled up decadently on EziBuy’s La Gateu Pedestal cake stand – the crisp white porcelain would make the chocolatey slice look even richer!
- 175g milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tbsp golden syrup
- 113g butter, softened
- 125g plain biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup Malteasers + ½ cup Malteasers to top
- ¼ cup milk chocolate melts
- ¼ cup white chocolate melts
- ¼ cup dark chocolate melts
- Grease and line a medium slice tin and set aside.
- Place biscuits in a food processor and pulse to a fine crumb. Set aside.
- Place milk chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until melted and combined.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add biscuit crumbs. Mix until well combined. Add Malteasers and stir until well combined. Pour into prepared pan and place in fridge until set.
- Cut remaining Malteasers in half using a sharp knife. Melt each of the chocolate melts separately and place in small snaplock bags with the corners snipped.
- Drizzle milk chocolate over the set slice. Top with sliced Malteasers, then drizzle milk, white and dark chocolate on top of slice. Place in fridge to chill.
- Slice using warm knife. Store in the fridge.