‘The Girl Before’: The Easy Reads Book Club book for February
Once you pick up The Girl Before you will not want to put it down.
The Girl Before will really get you going and in many different ways. Okay, how about I introduce myself first? I’m a frequent reader. I like crimes, chick-lits and most recently I’ve read The Fireman, A Little Friend and Swing Time. So as you can see, they’re all from different genres with different themes.
I was really drawn to The Girl Before as it’s written by a male from a female point of view plus the author has written under a pseudonym! Another point of interest is that the book is getting made into movie by Ron Howard – a recent movie that he directed was The Beatles: Eight Days a Week.
‘Dazzling… a pitch-perfect psychological thriller’ Lee Child
Before you get started on the book… perhaps I need to mention that readers have noted similar themes to the 50 Shades Trilogy. Upon reading the book, yes, I did also see similarities!
Please make a list of every possession you consider essential to your life. The request seems odd, even intrusive—and for the two women who answer, the consequences are devastating.
Reeling from a traumatic break-in, Emma wants a new place to live. But none of the apartments she sees are affordable or feel safe. Until One Folgate Street. The house is an architectural masterpiece: a minimalist design of pale stone, plate glass, and soaring ceilings. But there are rules. The enigmatic architect who designed the house retains full control: no books, no throw pillows, no photos or clutter or personal effects of any kind. The space is intended to transform its occupant—and it does.
After a personal tragedy, Jane needs a fresh start. When she finds One Folgate Street she is instantly drawn to the space—and to its aloof but seductive creator. Moving in, Jane soon learns about the untimely death of the home’s previous tenant, a woman similar to Jane in age and appearance. As Jane tries to untangle truth from lies, she unwittingly follows the same patterns, makes the same choices, crosses paths with the same people, and experiences the same terror, as the girl before.
Like how it sounds? Get gripped and start the first 70 pages of the book here.
We have 10 x copies of the book to giveaway! It’s easy to win, just sign up to the Life & Style Your Way weekly newsletter to go in the draw. Every week we round up what’s been happening on the blog – from homeware edits, seasonal dressing and fashion trends you need to know about. It’s a great way to stay informed with what we’ve been up to!
Once you’ve finished reading the The Girl Before, join our conversation! We’ve listed 4 questions below that you can answer. Anyone is able to participate by commenting on this blog post, or by using the hashtag #easyezireads on social media.
Book Club Questions: 1. After reading the book, would you live at One Folgate Street? Let us know why or why you wouldn’t.
2. The book is scattered with moral/ethical questions. Was there a question that you really couldn’t choose an answer for? What was it?
3. There is a movie being made for the book, The Girl Before. Who do you see playing Emma, Jane, Edward and Simon?
4. What were your thoughts on the ending? Did this surprise you? Did you feel satisfied at the end?
Let us know what you thought of ‘The Girl Before’ in the comments below or comment on social media with the hashtag #easyezireads
Are you looking for more books to read? Check out our previous Easy Reads Book Club books here.
Competition Terms & Conditions
– Information produced by us on how to enter the competition and prizes for the competition form part of these terms. By entering the competition, you are deemed to accept these terms.
– Entry is open to all Australian and New Zealand residents, except employees or immediate family members of employees of the EziBuy Group.
– To enter the draw to win one of ten copies of ‘The Girl Before’ by JP Delaney let us know your name and email address by completing our entry form on Life & Style Your Way. By completing the entry form you are signing up to our newsletter.
– Competition ends at midnight [AEST / NZT] 16 February 2017.
– 10 prize winners will be randomly selected by EziBuy based on chance on 17 February 2017.
– 10 x prize winners will receive the book via post.
– Our determination of the prize winners will be final and binding, and no correspondence or other communication will be entered into.
– Delivery of the prize within New Zealand or Australia will be free of charge.
– Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash or credit note.
– The prize winner will be notified via email.
– The failure by a prize winner to claim the prize before 5pm 21 February 2017 will result in their prize being forfeited.
– We will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury (including but not limited to any indirect or consequential loss) suffered or incurred by you (or any other person) as a result of or in connection with the competition or any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
– We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and at any time, to replace or amend these terms or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition.
– You authorise us to collect and hold personal information, to be used to conduct the competition and for future promotional purposes. You understand that you have a right of access to, and may request correction of, personal information held by us about you, which you may exercise by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to provide the personal information requested on the entry form will result in the entry being invalid.
– The Promoter is EziBuy Limited, Level 4, The Textile Centre, 1 Kenwyn Street, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand. Tel 0508 500 500 (from within NZ) or 1800 148 148 (from within Australia). ABN 13 398 168 301. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPM/15/00633; ACT: TP 15/06333.
Post Views: 528
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need.