Whether you’re looking to give your work wardrobe a bit of a shake-up or you are on the hunt for new job and need something smart to wear, EziBuy has some great pieces that are suitable for the office.
A pair of smart trousers or a skirt with a blouse is an easy go-to option. Pick your favourite styles and colours and you can mix and match to your heart’s content! I especially love these poplin shirts, as there are a massive 31 different colour and pattern options to choose from – something for everyone.
Whether you’re going for basic black, smart grey or a little pop of colour, it’s important to choose the right trousers or skirt to suit your shape. Go for a tailored look to ensure you always look professional and well put together.
I prefer dresses for my office-wear – a simple dress can be perfectly stylish with the right accessories. I always wear stockings (especially in winter), and take a cardigan or a blazer for when it’s a little chilly. See some of my winter styling tips for dresses here.
A well fitted blazer is an essential piece in any wardrobe – it helps to pull your outfit together and gives you that instantly professional look.
Top tips for looking your best
- If you’ve found the (almost) perfect pair of trousers, don’t be afraid to get the hems taken up if they’re a little long. Same goes for cuffs on jackets and hems on skirts. I’ve got wide hips and short legs, so it’s inevitable that I have to have all of my trousers altered.
- Keep the cleavage to a minimum. If you’re particularly busty, wear a scarf or opt for a higher neckline, and keep it professional.
- Make sure your clothes are kept in good condition. Mend any loose buttons or hems as soon as possible, iron things that need to be ironed and use good quality hangers to help your garments keep their shape.
- Be sure to follow the care instructions on the label. If you don’t have the time or inclination to handwash delicate items, then perhaps choose something that is easily maintained.
- Wearing cashmere? Check out Caitlin’s care guide.
What are your officewear staples?