Whether you’re finally putting your feet up after a busy day with the family or sitting down with a hot drink after dinner with friends, it’s always nice to have something sweet sitting in the fridge ready to pull out and enjoy.
Luckily, there are some quick and easy treats you can whip up when you have a bit of spare time that you can stash away in your fridge for a couple of weeks – if they last that long!
That’s where this recipe for homemade strawberry creams comes in – these sweet, smooth bit-sized strawberry flavoured treats are an absolute delight. While they’re dead easy to make, they’re absolutely delicious and make the perfect filler present – they taste just like the strawberry chocolates you find inside a box of Roses!
Once prepared, simply store them in an airtight container in the fridge and pop a handful in a pretty serving bowl before serving. I’m sure you’ll absolutely love them.
- 2 egg whites
- 680g icing sugar, sifted
- 2-4 tsp strawberry essence
- 1-2 drops food colouring (optional)
- 500g milk chocolate
- Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until foamy
- Add icing sugar and mix until a soft dough forms. Add strawberry essence and food colouring (optional) and mix until well combined.
- Line two baking trays and dust your hands with icing sugar. Roll small balls (approx 1 tsp) of dough and place on prepared trays. Flatted with back of a fork.
- Place in fridge and chill until very firm – overnight is best
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second bursts, mixing well between each. Dip each sweet in chocolate using a fork. Tap off excess before returning to tray. Place in fridge to set.