Hands up if you love peanut butter… me too! Not only is it perfect for making quick and easy lunches, but it’s an absolute dream to bake with. The richness of the flavour lends itself beautifully to a whole raft of recipes – think peanut butter cakes, cupcakes, cookies and slices!
But one of my favourite things to make with peanut butter is these delicious pretzel and peanut butter bites. These quick and easy bite-sized treats are made from a combination of finely crushed pretzels and peanut butter, with the pretzels giving them just the right amount of saltiness and crunch while the peanut butter gives them smoothness and flavour.
Perfect for bundling up for gifts come Christmas or piling into a beautiful footed bowl (my current favourite is this one from EziBuy), one of the best things about this recipe is how quick it is to make – you’ll have the mixture made, balls rolled and in the fridge in less than 15 minutes!
After half an hour or so chilling in the fridge, all that’s left to do is dip each ball in a little melted chocolate. Feeling a little fancier? Then melt a little smooth peanut butter in the microwave and use a snaplock bag to squeeze a squiggle atop each chocolate coated ball – the peanut butter will firm up to a soft fudge consistency once you put them back in the fridge.
- 110g peanut butter, smooth
- 14g butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups pretzels
- 3 Tbsp icing sugar
- 250g high quality milk chocolate, chopped
- Place pretzels in a food processor and crush into very small pieces
- Place peanut butter, butter and light brown sugar in a bowl and mix until smooth
- Add crushed pretzels and mix well
- Add icing sugar and stir until well combined
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll small, teaspoon sized balls of mixture and place on lined tray. Place in fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place chocolate in microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second bursts, mixing well between each, until smooth
- Sit ball on a fork and dip in chocolate, rolling so completely coated. Tap off excess chocolate and place on lined tray.
- Repeat until all truffles are covered then place in the fridge to set
Optional: Once chocolate has set, warm two tablespoons of smooth peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Scoop into a snaplock bag and snip off the corner. Pipe a squiggle of peanut butter atop each ball, then place in the fridge to set.