Peanut butter is such a versatile thing to have sitting in your cupboard – it’s as good in cakes and sweets as it is on bread.
Whether you’re a long-time peanut butter-lover or looking to dabble in the world of peanut butter flavoured sweet treats, you must try this recipe for peanut butter fudge – it’s pretty special!
Packed with peanut butter flavour, this fudge is deliciously creamy with a beautiful consistency that absolutely melt-in-your-mouth – and that’s no exaggeration, it literally disappears. Delicious!
This fudge is perfect for making when you’re in a hurry and need a fool-proof treat that can go the distance. The fudge is icing sugar based, meaning there’s no need for any careful boiling and measuring of sugar – simply melt the peanut butter and butter, add the icing sugar, mix it up and pop it in the fridge.
As it’s made with a massive amount of peanut butter and butter this fudge is definitely best shared, making it perfect for packing up as stocking fillers come Christmas. Simply bundle some up with wax paper, then wrap in your favourite gift wrap – this Scandi-inspired set from EziBuy is what I’ll be using!
- 280g butter
- 1 ¼ cup (approx one jar) smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted
- Line a medium pan (9” x 6” or similar) with baking paper
- In a large saucepan, warm together butter and peanut butter on medium heat until melted.
- Bring melted butters to a gentle simmer. Simmer for approx one minute, then remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and icing sugar and stir until well combined
- Press into prepared pan and smooth using spoon or spatula.
- Cover top of fudge with plastic wrap, ensuring all fudge is covered, then place in fridge to set for at least one hour.