Ever have those nights when you desperately want something sweet for pudding, but the cupboards are bare and you don’t have the time (or energy) to bake something from scratch? Me too!
But once you’ve tried this recipe you’ll never feel that way again. With just a few ingredients you’re bound to already have in your pantry you can whip up this delicious mug cake – a flavoursome, warm cake for one that’s mixed, baked and eaten straight from a mug.
This recipe for chocolate and peanut butter mug cake is my absolute favourite – it’s warm, chocolatey and moist with a delicious, creamy peanut butter surprise tucked away in the middle. Not a fan of peanut butter? Don’t worry, just leave it out – the cake still tastes amazing.
The best part is that this cake takes less than five minutes to make from start to finish (including the bake time!) and creates hardly any dishes, making it the perfect sweet treat for lazy winter nights at home.
Tip: Add a swirl of whipped cream and sprinkles for an extra special – and equally quick – treat kids will love!
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp peanut butter, heaped
- Place all dry ingredients in a mug and stir until well combined
- Add milk and oil and mix until well combined, taking care to scrape the sides and bottom of the mug
- Drop peanut butter onto mixture and push in until completely covered
- Place in microwave and heat on high for one minute