Now we’re coming to the tail end of summer it’s time for most people to head back to the office and pack the kids off to school again – and you know what that means… it’s time to think about packed lunches!
First things first – find a lunchbox. The start of the New Year is a great time to bin last year’s well-worn lunchbox and switch it for something fresh. I love these personalised lunchboxes from EziBuy – they come in pink and blue, look super cute and will keep those lunches nice and cool.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy and delicious sweet treat to tuck in lunchboxes this year then you have to try this recipe for blueberry crumble muffins. Not only do they taste amazing, but they’re really easy to make – just 10 minutes of mixing, 20 minutes of baking and you’re all set!
The finished muffins are moist and flavoursome, packed with just the right amount of blueberries, while the crumble topping gives them a bit of sweetness and interest. Not a fan of blueberries? No problem – simply swap them out for your favourite fresh or frozen berries.
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 35g butter, softened and cubed
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 113g butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- Place dry topping ingredients in a small bowl and mix with a fork until well combined. Add butter and rub through dry ingredients to a crumb. Set aside
- Place all dry muffin ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold through blueberries.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cases. Fill with muffin mixture. Sprinkle with crumb topping and bake for 20 minutes.