Looking for a good night’s sleep? Wellness guru Dr Libby has some tips for EziBuy customers…
There are a few things I link to amazing health: optimal nutrition of course, fresh air, movement, love, gratitude and great sleep. Sleep affects our physical and mental health, and is essential for the functioning of all our body systems, particularly our hormonal and nervous systems, and our ability to burn body fat.
In today’s world where we are constantly trying to fit more and more into our already overflowing schedules it is easy to categorize sleep as a luxury. It is not uncommon to hear people proclaim “I don’t have time to sleep!” or more commonly “I need more sleep!” In the sophisticated world we now live in many people feel it is an area of their health and well being they can compromise.
The harsh reality is that it is essential to our very being. Instead of seeing our need for rest and regeneration as a weakness, we need to welcome sleep for its restorative and healing properties. Better sleep really does lead to a better life from a physical, emotional and spiritual perspective.
Dr Libby’s Top 5 tips for creating a relaxing, soul-nourishing sleeping space
1) Create an ambience. While it may not be possible to create a perfect spa-like environment in your bedroom every night there are simple things you can do make your sleeping environment more conducive to sleep. Create a beautiful soothing environment to sleep in, a space that you can’t wait to get to at the end of the day.
Choosing divine bed linen might be just the thing to give you a reason to get to bed early and a relaxing atmosphere can be created with the help of dim lamps, and the soft light of a flickering fragranced candle. Essential oils can also be helpful particularly lavender and chamomile which have soothing and calming properties.
2) Prepare your mind to sleep. Allow your mind and body to transition from being active to rest. Avoid using laptops and cell phones or watching TV in bed as these stimulate our minds and make it difficult to switch off. Try transitioning rituals such as warm baths, slow breathing exercises or a quiet cup of herbal tea to reflect and give gratitude on your day to help signal to your body that it is time to rest.
3) Keep noise to a minimum. If you can’t avoid or eliminate noise from barking dogs, traffic, or other people in your household, try masking it with a fan, recordings of soothing sounds, or white noise. Spa music or anything without words can be gently played through your stereo. Earplugs may also help.
4) Sleep in a dark room. Invest in black out curtains or blinds to keep your bedroom dark while you sleep. Eye masks can also be helpful to block out light. Eliminate electric clocks, laptops, cell phones and bright lights in the bedroom as they can disrupt our sleep cycle significantly impacting on how well rested we feel in the morning.
5) Clear the clutter. Keeping your room clean and tidy will help keep your mind from feeling overwhelmed. Making the bed and keeping the floor clear will encourage you to rest. Your sleeping environment can either help or hinder your attempts to sleep so be sure to nurture this space.
EziBuy has everything you need to get a good night’s sleep. Shop for bedding, candle holders, supplements and more here.
Want a chance to win a copy of Rushing Woman’s Syndrome? Click here and share your tip for getting a good night’s sleep.
Post Views: 42
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.