In one moment, your life can change for ever… Bestselling author Sheila O’Flanagan delivers again with What Happened That Night.
Lola Fitzpatrick is bright and ambitious but she’s also headstrong and stubborn. When one evening, out of the blue, she has to make a life-changing choice, she decides quickly and rashly. And without a piece of vital information that might have changed everything.
Lola’s daughter Bey has inherited Lola’s determined nature. Yet her impulsive reactions place her in danger, leading her to run away from what she wants most. And then, one night, she’s standing in front of the man she loves, with her own choice to make…
For both Lola and Bey, everything changes in a moment. But their biggest mistakes might also turn out to be their greatest opportunities.
Read an extract of the novel here.
Q&A with Sheila O’Flanagan
‘What Happened that Night is a mother-daughter story that explores family relationships and how members of a family can be both very different and very alike.
One of the lovely parts of being an author is being able to research jobs and situations that you’ve never been in yourself. I decided to set What Happened That Night in the world of ‘haute joaillerie’, which is how high-end jewellery is known, and that made the research great fun (so much fun that I researched far more than I needed too, simply because a girl can’t look at a gorgeous diamond necklace too many times!).
Lola is a headstrong and very determined character. Her determination to live life on her own terms means she makes decisions which may or may not be the right ones. Years later, her daughter, Bey, is more like Lola than she thinks and she finds herself questioning both her own decisions, and those of her mother, as she tries to come to terms with issues in her own life. I don’t want to give too much away, but I really hope you’ll feel as close to both Lola and Bey as I did when I was writing their stories, and that you’ll enjoy losing yourself in their world and the world of diamonds, rubies, emeralds and sapphires!’
We have 10 x copies of What Happened That Night by Sheila O’Flanagan to giveaway! It’s easy to win, just sign up to our Life & Style Your Way weekly newsletter to go in the draw. Every week we round up what’s been happening on the blog – from homeware edits, seasonal dressing and fashion trends you need to know about. It’s a great way to stay informed with what we’ve been up to!
Having trouble signing up? Send through your details to email@example.com
JOIN THE BOOK CLUB – ANYONE CAN JOIN!
Once you’ve finished reading What Happened That Night, join our conversation! We’ve listed 5 questions below that you can answer. Anyone is able to participate by commenting on this blog post, or by using the hashtag #easyezireads on social media.
Book Club Questions:
– What were your thoughts on the ending? Did this surprise you? Did you feel satisfied at the end?
– If a movie was to be made from the book, who do you see playing Lola and Bey?
– Which character do you sympathise the most with, and why?
– What was your initial reaction to the book? Did it hook you immediately or take you awhile to get into it?
– Did you like the book? If you have read any of the author’s other books, how does this compare?
Let us know what you thought of What Happened That Night by Sheila O’Flanagan in the comments below or comment on social media with the hashtag #easyezireads
Are you looking for more books to read? Check out our previous Easy Reads Book Club books here.
Competition Terms & Conditions
– Information produced by us on how to enter the competition and prizes for the competition form part of these terms. By entering the competition, you are deemed to accept these terms.
– Entry is open to all Australian and New Zealand residents, except employees or immediate family members of employees of the EziBuy Group.
– To enter the draw to win one of ten copies of ‘What Happened That Night’ by Sheila O’Flanagan let us know your name and email address by completing our entry form on Life & Style Your Way. By completing the entry form you are signing up to our newsletter.
– Competition ends at midnight [AEST / NZT] 24 July 2017.
– 10 prize winners will be randomly selected by EziBuy based on chance on 25 July 2017.
– 10 x prize winners will receive the book via post.
– Our determination of the prize winners will be final and binding, and no correspondence or other communication will be entered into.
– Delivery of the prize within New Zealand or Australia will be free of charge.
– Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash or credit note.
– The prize winner will be notified via email.
– The failure by a prize winner to claim the prize before 5pm 30 July 2017 will result in their prize being forfeited.
– We will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury (including but not limited to any indirect or consequential loss) suffered or incurred by you (or any other person) as a result of or in connection with the competition or any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
– We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and at any time, to replace or amend these terms or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition.
– You authorise us to collect and hold personal information, to be used to conduct the competition and for future promotional purposes. You understand that you have a right of access to, and may request correction of, personal information held by us about you, which you may exercise by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to provide the personal information requested on the entry form will result in the entry being invalid.
– The Promoter is EziBuy Limited, Level 4, The Textile Centre, 1 Kenwyn Street, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand. Tel 0508 500 500 (from within NZ) or 1800 148 148 (from within Australia). ABN 13 398 168 301. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPM/15/00633; ACT: TP 15/06333.
See the Sheila O’Flanagan website here for more information about her and her other novels.