We caught up with author Pamela Hart for 5 minutes and asked her some fast questions.
Before I was an author I…was a scriptwriter of children’s television with the ABC. And also a consultant in organisational communications, with a speciality in managing people who come forward to report corruption and misconduct (I’ve done a lot of work with police services!)
Describe A Letter from Italy in one sentence:
In WWI Italy, Australian journalist Rebecca Quinn fights prejudice to report on the naval battles of the Adriatic, worries about her missing husband, and is far too attracted to her new photographer, Italian-American Sandro Panucci.
My favourite place to write is… sitting cross-legged in an armchair in my lounge room!
My favourite place to curl up with a book is….well, not curl up… but in the bath is the most relaxing place to read!
A Letter from Italy was inspired by… Louise Mack, Captain Von Trapp and the Royal Australian Navy! Mack was the first woman war correspondent – an Australian woman who reported from behind enemy lines on Germany’s invasion of Belgium in 1914, and later became editor of the Women’s Pages of The Sydney Morning Herald. Von Trapp – yes, the Sound of Music guy – was a submarine commander for the Austrians in the Adriatic Sea. The Allied navies, including Australia, were trying to stop his and other subs from getting through to the Mediterranean. It’s a part of Australian military history everyone has forgotten.
Do you have any questions you’d like answered? Let us know in the comments below.
We have 10 x copies of A Letter from Italy by Pamela Hart to giveaway! It’s easy to win, just sign up to our Life & Style Your Way weekly newsletter to go in the draw. Every week we round up what’s been happening on the blog – from homeware edits, seasonal dressing and fashion trends you need to know about. It’s a great way to stay informed with what we’ve been up to!
Having trouble signing up? Get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition Terms & Conditions
– Information produced by us on how to enter the competition and prizes for the competition form part of these terms. By entering the competition, you are deemed to accept these terms.
– Entry is open to all Australian and New Zealand residents, except employees or immediate family members of employees of the EziBuy Group.
– To enter the draw to win one of ten copies of ‘A Letter from Italy’ by Pamela Hart let us know your name and email address by completing our entry form on Life & Style Your Way. By completing the entry form you are signing up to our newsletter.
– Competition ends at midnight [AEST / NZT] 22 March 2017.
– 10 prize winners will be randomly selected by EziBuy based on chance on 23 March 2017.
– 10 x prize winners will receive the book via post.
– Our determination of the prize winners will be final and binding, and no correspondence or other communication will be entered into.
– Delivery of the prize within New Zealand or Australia will be free of charge.
– Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash or credit note.
– The prize winner will be notified via email.
– The failure by a prize winner to claim the prize before 5pm 26 March 2017 will result in their prize being forfeited.
– We will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury (including but not limited to any indirect or consequential loss) suffered or incurred by you (or any other person) as a result of or in connection with the competition or any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
– We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and at any time, to replace or amend these terms or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition.
– You authorise us to collect and hold personal information, to be used to conduct the competition and for future promotional purposes. You understand that you have a right of access to, and may request correction of, personal information held by us about you, which you may exercise by contacting us at email@example.com. Failure to provide the personal information requested on the entry form will result in the entry being invalid.
– The Promoter is EziBuy Limited, Level 4, The Textile Centre, 1 Kenwyn Street, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand. Tel 0508 500 500 (from within NZ) or 1800 148 148 (from within Australia). ABN 13 398 168 301. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPM/15/00633; ACT: TP 15/06333.