With the first couple of lines, Karen McMillan has got you hooked with her latest book, Brushstrokes of Memory.
In the book, Brushstrokes of Memory, Rebecca has lost her memory. Waking up in hospital at the age of 42, she cannot remember anything past her 32nd birthday. What happened in those years? Why is her husband not wearing his wedding ring and how did she fall down the stairs?
Feeling like she is still thirty-two, Rebecca has to grapple with suddenly being so much older and with a world that is more complicated than she remembers. As she learns about her life the last decade, she comes to realise she lost her way. But if she can’t remember anything of nearly ten years, then could this be the chance for her to wipe the slate clean and start again?
We have 10 x copies of Brushstrokes of Memory by Karen McMillan to giveaway! It’s easy to win, just sign up to our Life & Style Your Way weekly newsletter to go in the draw. Every week we round up what’s been happening on the blog – from homeware edits, seasonal dressing and fashion trends you need to know about. It’s a great way to stay informed with what we’ve been up to!
Having trouble signing up? Send through your details to email@example.com
JOIN THE BOOK CLUB – ANYONE CAN JOIN!
Once you’ve finished reading the Brushstrokes of Memory, join our conversation! We’ve listed 4 questions below that you can answer. Anyone is able to participate by commenting on this blog post, or by using the hashtag #easyezireads on social media.
Book Club Questions:
1. What was your initial reaction to the book? Did it hook you immediately or take you awhile to get into it?
2. Did you find that the characters changed throughout the story? Did your opinion of them change?
3. The book flicked between Rebecca’s diary and present day. Did you like the structure of the book? Why or why not?
4. If the book was adapted into a movie, what kiwi’s could you see playing the parts?
Let us know what you thought of ‘Brushstrokes of Memory’ by Karen McMillan in the comments below or comment on social media with the hashtag #easyezireads
Are you looking for more books to read? Check out our previous Easy Reads Book Club books here.
Competition Terms & Conditions
– Information produced by us on how to enter the competition and prizes for the competition form part of these terms. By entering the competition, you are deemed to accept these terms.
– Entry is open to all Australian and New Zealand residents, except employees or immediate family members of employees of the EziBuy Group.
– To enter the draw to win one of ten copies of ‘Brushstrokes of Memory’ by Karen McMillan let us know your name and email address by completing our entry form on Life & Style Your Way. By completing the entry form you are signing up to our newsletter.
– Competition ends at midnight [AEST / NZT] 30 April 2017.
– 10 prize winners will be randomly selected by EziBuy based on chance on 1 May 2017.
– 10 x prize winners will receive the book via post.
– Our determination of the prize winners will be final and binding, and no correspondence or other communication will be entered into.
– Delivery of the prize within New Zealand or Australia will be free of charge.
– Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash or credit note.
– The prize winner will be notified via email.
– The failure by a prize winner to claim the prize before 5pm 5 May 2017 will result in their prize being forfeited.
– We will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury (including but not limited to any indirect or consequential loss) suffered or incurred by you (or any other person) as a result of or in connection with the competition or any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
– We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and at any time, to replace or amend these terms or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition.
– You authorise us to collect and hold personal information, to be used to conduct the competition and for future promotional purposes. You understand that you have a right of access to, and may request correction of, personal information held by us about you, which you may exercise by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to provide the personal information requested on the entry form will result in the entry being invalid.
– The Promoter is EziBuy Limited, Level 4, The Textile Centre, 1 Kenwyn Street, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand. Tel 0508 500 500 (from within NZ) or 1800 148 148 (from within Australia). ABN 13 398 168 301. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPM/15/00633; ACT: TP 15/06333.
FEATURED IN THE HERALD