Christmas is such a wonderfully exciting time of the year. It’s the perfect time to unleash your creative streak and have fun introducing new decorative pieces to your Christmas Table or even find simple ways to create your own festive collection.
While the tree tends to be the focus during the festive season, you should never overlook the beauty and impact a well-styled Christmas table can bring to your home. Christmas is about getting together for meals and catch-ups with friends and family so a creating an interesting table makes the whole dining experience so much more pleasurable.
Here are a 8 useful tips on how to design a beautiful table for Christmas or even a dinner party at any time during the year:
1. Select a theme and or a colour palette and stick to it: it may a Scandi table setting all about clean lines and subdued colours with a pop of red. Or it may be Global classic with rich metallic that are so on trend at the moment.
2. Start with a simple base to build on: the EziBuy linen collection is perfect and this allows everything else to shine on the table.
4. Reuse and Recycle: you don’t need to spend a fortune on new things every time you want to create a different style. Get creative and reuse or upcycle things you already have around the home in a different way.
5. Include little personal touches: a hand written place name cards or a personalised bauble in a bowl is cute too.
6. Vary heights of your décor: the more you vary the heights of the decor along the table the more interesting it will look.
7. Play with textures: don’t be afraid to play with texture as this creates an added interest and layer soft and hard pieces together helps to set the scene
8. The finishing touches: you can never go wrong with candles and fresh flowers or even branches and pine cones when it comes to creating the finishing touch
As you can see, it really is so easy to design a beautiful table. Whatever your style preferences may be, use this as an opportunity to create some wow-factor. It might even inspire you to get more daring with decorating once the silly season is over!
Exclusive Look: Check out how we did it at our table setting photoshoot
Do you have any DIY ideas to for your Christmas table? We can’t wait to see what you guys come up with for your Christmas table settings.