Winter Homeware Ideas to Create a Cosy Winter Refuge + WIN!
It’s happened. We’ve turned the clocks back now; there’s no denying that winter is on it’s way and so we’ve put together some winter homeware ideas for you.
With longer evenings and colder weather on the horizon, it’s a good time to think about transforming our home into a cosy winter refuge that makes us feel like there’s nowhere we’d rather be. Giving your home a makeover doesn’t have to involve a major overhaul. Here are some quick winter homeware ideas that will give you home a cosy look and feel for the colder months:
Have a re-shuffle You can really change up a living space just by re-arranging the existing furniture that you have. In winter, the sunlight and warmth in our homes can completely shift. It may be worth considering how you can move or adapt your living areas so that you are making better use of sunlight or home heating options. Drawing furniture together, closing off spaces or shifting rugs or throw cushions can create inviting, cosy spaces that are better suited to winter living. If you have a fireplace, even better. Pull the furniture around the hearth so that your lounge suite is facing the fireplace so that it’s the centre feature.
Embrace hygge Have you heard of the term ‘hygge’? It’s a Danish word that translates roughly as ‘cosiness’. It’s about enjoying the simple things and most of all, making the most of your time spent at home, relaxing and just ‘being’. It also involves transforming your home into a calm and welcoming living space, just with a few simple adjustments, and winter is the perfect time to get this underway. The easiest way to kick your hygge transformation off is to invest in some gorgeous candles and some mood lighting using lamps. Add texture to your living space with cushions, lush throws and fluffy rugs, and don’t forget to update your loungewear to make the most of your new cosy space!
Bring the outside in Adding some nature to your inside space also aligns with the ‘hygge’ concept. It also makes sense to add a little greenery inside during a time when the outside can look a bit dull and grim. Indoor plants add some colour and vibrancy, and help to enhance the cosy feel of your home. If you’re the sort who tends to neglect giving plants the love and attention they need, opt for faux pot plants instead. They offer the lush ever-green looks of real houseplants, without the maintenance or mess. These days there are many options that can often fool even the most attentive of eyes!
Refresh your bedding Many of us already have an additional blanket at the ready to add warmth to our beds, but consider giving your bedding a little more love this winter. Dressing up your bed is a simple way to transform the look and feel of your bedroom for winter. Add textured cushions that contrast with your duvet cover or bed linen, as well as a throw in a complementary colour. Go for plusher fabrics, such as heavy knits, cashmere, faux fur or velvet.
Dress your windows In winter, the aim is to let light in during the day, but then keep the warmth in at night. Open up blinds or curtains during the day when the sun is streaming in, but add drapes to rooms to give additional coverage to windows that would only otherwise have blinds. It will not only keep you warmer but also give a cosier feel to living spaces. An extra trick for getting more light into the room is to add wall mirrors to the space so that it reflects additional light into the space.
Winter doesn’t have to mean dark and dreary when it comes to your living space. Even if you don’t have a lot of natural light coming in, you can still brighten up living spaces and add warmth and comfort with a few simple additions that complement your existing decor.
We hope you enjoyed reading our winter homeware ideas – let us know if you decide to take our advice!
We have the NEWHalcyon Quilt Set to giveaway! It’s easy to win, just sign up to our Life & Style Your Way weekly newsletter to go in the draw to win the Halcyon Quilt in size Large. Every week we round up what’s been happening on the blog – from homeware edits, seasonal dressing and fashion trends you need to know about. It’s a great way to stay informed with what we’ve been up to!
A little bit about the Halcyon Quilt… it features an understated floral design upper and plain dyed reverse side. Made from a breathable cotton construction outer and soft polyester microfibre fill, the Halcyon set has been quilt stitched on the top side to keep fill in place and ensure longevity and a soft and comfortable finish.
• Quilted cotton outer
• 220gsm poly cotton fill
• Plain cotton reverse side
• Large measures 210cm x 220cm and includes 2 x pillowcases
Designed to suit any and all age groups, this stunning and soft coloured quilt set will create a tranquil and welcoming environment within your bedroom and is perfectly suited to coastal and country homes, shabby chic, bohemian and rustic design schemes.
Competition Terms & Conditions
– Information produced by us on how to enter the competition and prizes for the competition form part of these terms. By entering the competition, you are deemed to accept these terms.
– Entry is open to all Australian and New Zealand residents, except employees or immediate family members of employees of the EziBuy Group.
– To enter the draw to win 1 x Halcyon Quilt in size Large 171857 let us know your name and email address by completing our entry form on Life & Style Your Way. By completing the entry form you are signing up to our newsletter.
– Competition ends at midnight [AEST / NZT] 16 April 2017.
– 1 prize winners will be randomly selected by EziBuy based on chance on 17 April 2017.
– 1 x prize winners will receive the duvet via post.
– Our determination of the prize winners will be final and binding, and no correspondence or other communication will be entered into.
– Delivery of the prize within New Zealand or Australia will be free of charge.
– Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash or credit note.
– The prize winner will be notified via email.
– The failure by a prize winner to claim the prize before 5pm 21 April 2017 will result in their prize being forfeited.
– We will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury (including but not limited to any indirect or consequential loss) suffered or incurred by you (or any other person) as a result of or in connection with the competition or any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
– We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and at any time, to replace or amend these terms or to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition.
– You authorise us to collect and hold personal information, to be used to conduct the competition and for future promotional purposes. You understand that you have a right of access to, and may request correction of, personal information held by us about you, which you may exercise by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to provide the personal information requested on the entry form will result in the entry being invalid.
– The Promoter is EziBuy Limited, Level 4, The Textile Centre, 1 Kenwyn Street, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand. Tel 0508 500 500 (from within NZ) or 1800 148 148 (from within Australia). ABN 13 398 168 301. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPM/15/00633; ACT: TP 15/06333.
Post Views: 98
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.