Christmas is such an exciting time of the year. Family, friends and festivities. The things that really count. Inevitability there will be a Christmas breakfast/lunch/dinner or perhaps all three? So get the good stuff out and make the table look its best.
Here are eight simple tips, to help add some wow factor to your table this jolly season..
1. Select a theme or a colour palette and stick to it: It might a Scandi inspired table setting featuring clean lines and subdued colours with a pop of red. Or maybe a global classic with rich metallic red’s, gold’s and silver’s? Maybe a more nature inspired theme? Whatever you choose, try and stick to one overall theme and let that lead the way.
2. Start with a simple base to build on: The EziBuy Linen collection is elegant and simple, and allows everything else to shine on the table.
3. Keep layering in mind: A table runner down the centre, then a placemat, a plate, a napkin, a bowl and so on. Layer up until it looks just right.
4. Reuse and Recycle: You don’t need to spend a fortune on new things every time you want to create a different style. Get creative and reuse or up-cycle things you already have around the home in a different way. Christmas decorations make for great tablescaping elements, so be sure to raid the tree.
5. Include little personal touches: A hand written place name cards or a personalised bauble in a bowl is cute too.
6. Vary heights of your décor: The more you vary the heights of the decor along the table the more interesting it will look.
7. Play with textures: Don’t be afraid to play with texture as this creates an added interest and layer soft and hard pieces together helps to set the scene.
8. The finishing touches: You can never go wrong with candles and fresh flowers or even branches and pine cones when it comes to creating the finishing touch.
As you can see, it really is so easy to design a beautiful table. Whatever your style preferences may be, use this as an opportunity to create some wow-factor. It might even inspire you to get more daring with decorating once the silly season is over!
This Celebration Tablecloth sits prettily here with pops of red and pretty garland decorations lining the table.
Fill bowls with cherries and candy and adorn the table with them. Add napkin rings to napkins for a special touch.
Wooden Serving Bowl
Hampton Stripe Linen Napkin
We love the way the diamond cut wine glasses elegantly compliment this holiday tablescape.
Diamond Cut Wine Glasses
We are loving the bowls stacked on the wooden boards here.. Add some Christmas flourish with pine-cones, and bits of greenery perched besides.
Wooden Serving Board
Don’t save your cake stands just for for cakes – We love the way this one is adorned with candles.
Round Timber and Marble Serving Stand