Dressing for your body shape can be hard enough as it is, let alone trying to dress when you are pregnant. Maternity Fashion can be difficult, but with the right tips and tricks you’ll have no worries about what to wear for any occasion.
The EziBuy head office is female skewed so it’s always exciting when we have co-workers announcing their pregnancy, and boy have we had announcements! At the moment we have 9 ladies expecting within the next 9 months meaning that they too will be looking for maternity fashion clothing.
If you’re reading this because you need maternity clothes, firstly congratulations! What to wear, how to wear it, and where to get it are our main points that we’ll cover.
What to wear:
- Borrow. Ask your friends and family members if they have any maternity clothes that they aren’t using that you could borrow.
- Wear your current clothes until they don’t fit any longer
- Make sure you have these maternity essentials: jeggings, stretchy pencil skirt, long cardigan, a tunic, comfortable shoes and a loose fitting dress.
How to wear it:
- Using a strong hairband to loop between your button hole and button to get longer out of your current trousers
- Use of a ‘belly band’ that basically covers over the top of your existing trousers and hides your tummy when your top rides up (if not using a singlet underneath for example)
Where to get it:
- Alongside their petite and tall range, UK brand NEXT also have a Maternity range – at the moment you can get maternity Christmas jumpers!
Do you have any tricks and tips you’d like to share? What is your go-to piece of clothing during your pregnancy? If you’d like to read more on maternity clothes, check out other blog posts here.