Who said maternity fashion needs to be frumpy? Here’s a bit of sartorial inspiration for mums-to-be.
- Invest in at least two pairs of maternity pants – one for casual days around the house, and a more tailored pair for evenings and special occasions. When it comes to maternity fashion, comfort comes first – look for stretch material and an adjustable waistband. If you prefer skirts, a pencil skirt with an adjustable waistband is a great purchase.
- Opt for soft, breathable fabrics and loose styles with plenty of room for your baby-bump. Flowing blouses and empire waist dresses are your best friend when you’re expecting.
- For instant glam, try wearing a belt fitted above your bump.
- Pregnancy needn’t mean that you fill your wardrobe with garments you’ll never be able to wear again. Buy classics like a maxi dress in a solid colour, and layer with a bright statement cardigan and a cute bib necklace.
- Hold off buying everything at once. You can’t be sure exactly how big you’ll be in a month, so it’s better to buy as you go.