Spring/Summer style can be a minefield. From BBQ’s to holidays and weddings to weekend lunches.
We wanted to give you some useful style tips to get the best out of your wardrobe. We spoke to Kerrie the Head of Design at Together who gave us the top style tips she swears by!
SPRING/SUMMER STYLE TIPS FOR THE FASHIONISTA
1. Layering – This is such a key style tip for any time of year. Layering can be a life saviour when the weather suddenly changes. My favourite layering piece from this season is this fabulous printed cardigan. It is really lightweight so won’t add bulk to your outfit but is the perfect cover up if the evenings get a little chilly!
2. Shoes and jewellery for a beach to bar look – A sparkly sandal or fabulous pair of wedges in your bag is the perfect way to take your look from beach the bar. For some extra bling just add a fabulous statement necklace and you will feel super glam. Gemstones and pearls can really add that pop of colour.
3. Wear light cool fabrics – cotton, cotton, cotton. This is such a lovely easy to wear fabric and I have the perfect style for you. The pintuck detail gives this shirt such a flattering shape and I love the lace hem detail.
4. If you love it, don’t save it for best, wear it often! It is so easy to keep things we love in our wardrobes in fear of ruining them because we love them so much. Well don’t! wear these things often, we want you not only to look good but also to feel good. I am totally in love with this beaded top from the new collection and plan to wear it as much as I can. Maybe even just to the supermarket! It will look great teamed with smart pants or denim.
5. Flowing styles will keep you coolerI think sometimes we are under the illusion that less fabric will keep us cool. Sometimes it can be quite the opposite. Tighter garments can retain heat and make us feel overheated. At Together I love working with fabulous flowing fabrics to keep me cool! This lace trim top is perfect for summer days.
6. Prints can help to hide any embarrassment from those hot flushes in the summer heat! There is nothing worse than feeling conscious of what you are wearing. If you are off to a special occasion and are worried about the embarrassment of overheating then I love this printed dress in a fabulous stretch lace.
7. If you are only wearing one layer use interesting design details. If you just want one to wear one cool layer then choose something with interesting design detail or add some fabulous jewellery to finish your look. This ticks all the boxes with metallic lace and cut out lace shoulder detail, its so easy to just thrown on.
8. If you are conscious of your arms then the cold shoulder is a must have! I love this soft peach cold shoulder top with a hint of lace for that romantic feel. This style is so versatile, and can easily be taken from day to evening by adding some fabulous jewellery.
9. Invest in a great set of skin tone underwear. There is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable because you can see your underwear through your outfit. Invest in a skin colour set to wear under all of your summer favourites.
10. Have yourself a fabulous pedicure. You will feel so much better in your summer sandals with perfectly pedicured feet.
Lots of love,