With summer in sight we know that you are all dreaming of holidays!
We are so excited to bring you the new Together Summer collection and also have some top holiday packing tips to share with you.
TOGETHER’S TOP 10 HOLIDAY PACKING TIPS
1. Make a packing list
We love planning our holiday outfits and making a list of all the fabulous things we have bought to take away with us. Our top tip would be to plan out ideas of your outfits each day. We find that this helps not to overpack and to make sure we have accessories that work with lots of the outfits before we reach our destination.
2. Roll your clothes
We find this top technique means we can not only squeeze more into our suitcases but it also avoids our lovely holiday outfits arriving too creased!
3. Pack some essentials into your hand luggage
We all have that dread that our luggage is not going to arrive at our destination so to ease the panic we always pack a few essentials into our hand luggage. Our top tips would be to pack the following:
- – Your favourite holiday outfit. If you can’t wear all of your lovely outfits at least you can wear that dress you’ve been super excited about.
- – Hand pack your swimsuit – There would be nothing worse than reaching your destination and not being able to dive into that infinity pool you’ve been dreaming about for months
- – Pack a pair of sandals that will take you from day to night
- – Pack two sets of underwear so that if your suitcase takes a couple of days to arrive you aren’t frantically trying to hand wash everything!
4. Guide books
Don’t pack the whole thing, simply take photocopies or scans of the pages you are going to need. Alternatively if you have a smartphone or tablet you may be able to download them as E-Books.
5. Make sure you have checked the baggage allowance as this varies from airline to airline. The last thing you want is to be unpacking your case at the check in desk
6. Make your suitcase recognisable so you can easily spot it on the carousel.
If you are buying new luggage then maybe look at options that are a different colour or add something to your luggage to make it stand out, like a coloured luggage label.
7. Wrap your shoes in plastic bags so they don’t mark any of your clothes
8. Pack your toiletries/washbag in a plastic bag so that if anything explodes the contents of your luggage will be protected
9. Decant your toiletries into small plastic bottles so they don’t take up too much room or aren’t too heavy in your suitcase.
10. Wear your heaviest clothing to travel
If you need to take a jacket or cover up on holiday then wear it so it doesn’t take up too much room in your case.
Do you have any holiday packing tips that you can recommend? Let us know in the comments below.