Casual Comfort Just Got A Whole Lot Easier with Loungewear
We all have days when we wish we could stay in our pyjamas all day long. The comfort factor, the warmth factor, and the general just feel good factor about being in the clothes that allow us to lounge around the home.
Although it’s hard not to snark when people wear their flannelettes’ out in public, loungewear has become a new and popular trend in which comfies are not only accepted, but loved outside of home.
With winter, comes a myriad of fabulous wardrobe layering options. However, sometimes we just want to wrap up in something warm, loose fitting, and draw-stringed. Luckily, with so many stylish loungewear options now available in stores, getting away with casual comfort just got a whole lot easier.
Not all loungewear options are eye-pleasing pieces, we know you love to wear gran’s knitted purple sweater on the couch, but perhaps if you’re heading out, consider your more modern loungewear to keep your look appealing and on trend. Opt for something simple and understated.
For some good-looking loungewear options to keep you comfy and cosy, consider the following:
1. Stick to neutrals so that putting outfits together is a breeze. This makes getting dressed a simple task, even when you’re only half awake. Tonal-colored merino sweatpants are a good way to go, as they are both extremely comfortable and match nearly everything. For when you’re in the mood, have a few pops of colour that you’ll turn to in order to liven up your tonal and neutral colours. Even those who like to lounge like to mix things up from time to time too.
2. “Easy on, easy off”. Forget buttons, hooks, and snaps. Collared shirts of course have a time and place but most certainly not when we’re talking comfort and laid back style. Opt for drawstring pants and shorts, simple and flowy trapeze style dresses, stretchy fabrics and clothes that let you breathe.
3. Forget the bulk. Jackets and heavy outerwear often make you look like you’ve overdone an outfit and remove the relaxed yet glamorous feel. Try a long cardigan for when you need an extra layer of warmth. Coatigans like the Capture Coatigan are also the perfect inbetween option to take your loungewear from inside to outside without compromising on comfort and warmth.
4. Flats, sneakers, and low chunky heels are totally on trend. Day or night, you can make a relaxed style shoe work wonders for your outfit. Work or weekend, stilettos still needn’t come out. Find a shoe that is comfortable but also special enough to add a little sophistication to your outfit.
5. Say goodbye to frumpy. Frumpy is a word often associated with clothing that looks relaxed but doesn’t allow our shape to shine through. However, showing a bit of skin can easily add appeal to an outfit rather than trying to wear something uncomfortable and clingy. If you’re going for more of a loungewear style top, perhaps wear something shorter on the bottom. If you’re in the mood for sweatpants, try a top that flaunts your arms, chest, shoulders, or back. Harem pants and a cosy merino are on-trend and certainly far from drab.
6. Any outfit can look dramatically different with a touch of lippy, some well manicured nails and a hair do that demands positive attention. Try having your hair out and relaxed with some delicate curls through your hair to add a touch of ‘well groomed’ to your loungewear.
7. Jewellery is also a fabulous way to glam to your look, without having to sacrifice comfort. Think understated studs for a weekend trip out, or a statement necklace to bring interest for the evening. Even a chunky watch can add a touch of class to your casual get-up.
Gone are the days of uncomfortable fashion. Loungewear is the latest in taking the comforts of home with you, wherever you are headed!
Post Views: 124
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need.